Sunday, April 15, 2007

Am i alone?

Hi people,
here are a few more descriptions of ICICI's "customer friendly" service. Please pay special attention to the viewer comments on the blogs .

http://www.arjunprabhu.com/blog/archives/2005/04/27/icici-bank-a-bad-experience-for-many/

wizard said...
Avoid ICICI Bank. It is not a bank. It is a bunch of day-light robbers!I had the misfortune of opening a Savings account with ICICI, because their agent was after me day and night. I realised their auto-invest plan was so much junk on the first day itself. they automatically carry off any balance in excess of Rs.5000 to a Fixed Deposit. Great!You can withdraw it anyday you want- they say. What they don't tell you is that if you happen to withdraw the amount even a single day before 1 year,( on first in first out basis!) you will lose the entire interest, gyping you out of even the mandatory SB interest!I opened the savings account One year back on a so called special offer of minimum balance of Rs.2000. Any nationalised bank would have given you interest on that amount at SB rate and the money would have grown. But within one year ICICI charged a service charge(for a non-existent service) Of Rs 800+800+200 and now my balance shows Rs.158, without withdrawing a single paise! I guess next quarter they will charge another 800 service charge and come knocking at my door to remit the dues!If you don't call this a robbery, I don't know what else is!
18:09

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely true...... I have taken a two wheeler loan in icici bank, they gave me a savings bank account with a minimum balance of 2000 rupees...... I am using that account only for paying loan account since i already have a salary account with citi bank.... since i am not maintaining any minimum balance they are taking of 900 every time.... This ICICI bank is full of shit......

vasundhara said...

When every i call to customer care always lost my cell phone money.They are really irresponsible icici customer care

Unknown said...


I am glad to find your impressive way of writing the post.Thanks for sharing the post.Also
see my blog cash on credit card chennai