Sunday, April 15, 2007

Experiences galore

More posts from http://www.arjunprabhu.com/blog/archives/2005/04/27/icici-bank-a-bad-experience-for-many/

ICICI Crusader September 6th, 2005 at 7:39 am
ICICI bank is the worst bank I have ever seen in terms of customer service. My experience with them is very bad. ICICI has disabled my online account for some reason and I have talked to about 10 customer service idiots who have no idea why it was disabled. I had a urgent need and needed to send rupees DD to India but even after opening a case 2 months back with them to get my online account activated they haven’t still made my account active. Initially, they started saying it can be done on phone itself and I have been checking everyday to see if my account is activated. After about 10 days or so, someone told me that this cannot be done on phone and they have to do identity verification and asked me to send email to nri@icicibank.com and I did. They asked me to send some details about the account - like account number, owner, branch where it was opened etc. all. First of e-mail is not secure so I have expressed my concern about it and they took about 4 days in replying that they don’t have any other way like fax or phone. So I sent them e-mail with details and then for about a week there is no response. I had to call them again to talk about it and most of the guys I talked said they cannot do anything other thank noting down the problem. I have asked phone numbers of bank manager where I opened the account or Mumbai NRI branch but they declined to give. After sending few more e-mails they said e-mail won’t help and I need to write a letter asking for account activation and gave mumbai branch address. I immediately sent it and they received it (I got acknowlegement). After getting acknowledgement, I asked them status in e-mail and they said they did not receive any letter from me. This made me little suspicious because someone in Mumbai received the letter and also signed on the acknowledgement. I was asked to send letter again and I did. I lost about 15 days during this and so far no response yet from any idiot in ICICI bank. After about 15 days, they said they just posted new passwords and activated the online account. I received the mail and when I opened it, it says that I have been assigned new online account id. But there are no passwords sent. I tried using it with old passwords and nothing worked. What a bunch of fools are these people ?? I clearly mentioned in the letter that they should just activate my existing account and if any new passwords are assigned they should send me the new passwords too. These idiots give standard response in e-mail saying - we are f***ing sorry about the delay and we are doing f***ing best they can. Ultimately I had to arrange money to my parents thru some friends in India. I wanted to close my useless ICICI account and contacted them they are not responding to it at all.

No comments: