Sunday, April 15, 2007

Introduction

Hi all !
I've created this blog to help unite people who have been harassed and wronged by ICICI Bank (www.icicibank.com) of India.

While the bank boasts of its great service and high customer satisfaction, the truth is really shocking.

I am being harassed by the loans department of ICICI for my car loan. In the past i have been wrongfully charged and harassed by ICICI on three occasions and I believe there are several others who have been wrongfully troubled.

So this is an initiative to call all consumers/account holders/ loan & credit card holders of ICICI bank and unite all of us so that we can get justice.

Regards,
Manish

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The worst banking and customer care experience ever. Their customer care agents are script monkeys and should not be talking to humans. They should stay in the trees. If they loose your money there is no one who you can talk sense to. Will close my account asap.